SuperDeb Creator is a program that creates SuperDebs that can be installed offline, shared on CDs, DVDs, etc... Their main goal not only to provide an easy-to-use installer to users that don't have an internet connection, but also to provide an easy way to share software in a de-centralized way, reducing dependency on online software repositories.
- Can create a SuperDeb for Debian 5.0.7, Ubuntu 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 (alpha 1 or above)
- Can create SuperDebs for 32 bits and 64 bits systems
- SuperDeb Creator is known to run on Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 (alpha 1) and should work on most Debian-based systems
- SuperDebs created for "Ubuntu version X" will also work on "Super OS version X"
- Once the download/packing process starts, do not interrupt it or your /tmp folder might be messed-up (fixed with a reboot)
- Add support for more distros, like Ubuntu 8.04, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc...
- Add a feature that would allow SuperDeb Creator to work with ANY Debian-based distro that uses APT/dpkg
- Add support to create a SuperDeb from a folder of .deb files
- Add support to multi-architecture SuperDebs (a SuperDeb would include both the x86 AND x86_64 .deb files)
- Port SuperDeb Creator to Microsoft Windows - The hardest part is to be able to run APT/apt-get on windows, or we could use an alternative implementation of APT like the future CLI version of Keryx (any more ideas?)
- Ability to create "Service Packs": a collection of updates released for a distro
- Ability to install a SuperDeb using only the command line
- Ability to add a repository or ppa (to create a SuperDeb from packages in that repository).