- No need to mark the file as "executable" before running it
- Run any executable/script that the host OS supports: ELF, BASH, Python, Perl... (.bin .sh .run .py, etc...)
- Can run any program as a normal user, or as the root user (see images)
- Works both with GUI (graphical) programs and CLI (command line) programs
- Automatically expires the root session (on systems with sudo) before running any program (to increase security)
- Automatically removes the "executable flag" after running the file (if App Runner added it)
App Runner has 3 modes:
- run any App - as normal user: Always use this mode first before trying others
- run CLI App - as root: use this mode to run command line (terminal) programs as root/admin (also works with all GUI apps, but doing that can cause problems on rare cases - so it is better to use the command bellow to run GUI apps) - this uses "sudo"
- run GUI App - as root: use this mode to run GUI/graphical programs as root/admin - this uses "gksu"
- I installed App Runner but the menus do not appear
- Support for KDE is planned
- New releases will be announced at the official Blog
- Feedback/bug reporting